I had traveled solo, with family, with friends, and in groups also. There are many advantages of traveling with others but at the same time, I have to deal with some irritating and annoying habits of fellow travelers. We all have to face these and we adjust.
Over the years, I had noticed and dealt with some of these habits. Sometimes I told my fellow traveler what I don’t like but on other occasions, I kept quite and felt irritated. Recently I traveled with some unknown people, in a group and came across many of the habits which were irritating.
Today I decided to write about these irritating habits just for the fun.
Here goes my list –
- Running to check in first or grabbing the seat first and they don’t move as together when traveling with someone or group. Running to grab the window seat. They are not bothered if the travel companion is left behind.
- They enter the room fast and grab the favorite side of bed and spread their luggage in the room to occupy the space.
- Always running late, they get up late, then move slowly, and ultimately start the day late. Which ultimately delays everything.
- Not flexible when it comes to sightseeing. If they had read about some place to see in a specific way, they try to do it that way and don’t explore or go by local advice.
- Leaving the bathroom in mess, I don’t need to go in detail 🙁
- I remember, one of my friend use to watch TV until midnight and it use to be a problem sleeping in noise. At times when I remove eye pad to talk to her, she used to be in deep sleep. So, I have to fetch remote and switch off TV and lights.
- This kind of people, I call “touch and go”. They have to visit all the places mentioned in the sightseeing, even if they had not kept enough time to see a place. They are kind of running to cover all the places and trying to add to many places in one day.
- They are not enthusiastic to explore places. The main purpose is to enter the place, click some selfies or ask other to click their pics with the place and done. They are photo ops people.
- Perfect picture clickers are always looking to click a perfect picture with the monuments or other places. Take few minutes to check the face, hair, and clothes. The pictures should be perfect in terms of looks and background. They want the picture with every pillar and post.
- They wash and spread the laundry everywhere in the room.
- Always cribbing and very snobby about food and don’t like to try local food. Always looking and searching for home food.
- Their favorite is to order food from room service for dinner and then we have to sleep the room with food odor.
- Twice I traveled with a person, who use to carry a lot of eatable from home. When we use to go for sight seeing, she uses to stuff her bag with those things and eat in the cab. (Use to ask me for formality sake) Whenever I ask for the lunch break, she was…. Ohhh…. you go ahead, I am not hungry.
Recently, I came across this type. We were standing to enter the monument and this girl was let go inside fast, someone said ok to take out “xx” amount of ticket and she was “Ohhh…. I am very tired and not interested in going”. LOL…. And asked me to click some pictures of her in front of the monument. In some places the camera ticket is high, so they don’t buy camera ticket and when you are inside they ask you to click their pics first.
They set the room temperature as per their comfort and a bit difficult to adjust.
Snoring….. Ha ha….. No, I am not adding this to list.
I am sure there are some habit’s of mine, which might be annoying the people I had traveled with but I don’t know what are those. 😛
I am sure you can relate to some of these and may have your own list of these habits, please feel free to add in comments the annoying habits of fellow travelers.